Loading Bay Operative
Granger Hertzog is a prop house specialising in individually selected, carefully curated furniture and lifestyle pieces for hire to the film, TV, interiors and fashion industries. At our showroom in Park Royal, clients are invited to view our pieces in an inspiring setting, with despatch and returns taking place from our efficient loading bay. There is lots of client/driver contact, so this role requires the company brand, communication and customer service guidelines to be followed at all times, and health and safety to be a top priority.
We are a small busy company with an exceptional workplace culture, looking for a full time, reliable, hardworking Loading Bay Operative to start work immediately.
- Ability to work to instruction of supervisor
- Ability to work from written instructions and report in writing on condition of stock
- Picking, packing and despatching of furniture and small items
- Receiving, checking and re-display of furniture and small items
- Loading and unloading of vehicles
- Cleaning and basic repairs, testing of electrics
- Following health & safety protocols to ensure a safe and clean work environment for clients and co-workers
- Physical requirements: lifting and moving heavy objects, bending, kneeling and standing for extended periods of time all required – strength and agility essential
- Excellent standard of English both written and spoken
- Strong attention to detail and commitment during all required tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and co-workers
- Must be self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- Honesty, loyalty and punctuality are important
- Computer literate
Previous experience of furniture delivery/removals/art packing/hospitality industry desirable
- Flexibility, a proactive approach, a natural willingness to help, positive communication style.
- Valid work permit
- Checkable references
- Bank account
Hours: Monday to Friday 8.30 to 5.30pm (overtime required during busy periods).
We are proud to be a London Living Wage employer, starting salary £24,856.00 per annum.
Generous benefits programme includes staff bonus scheme, insurance benefits and pension plan. Team social events and training, welcoming work environment including large staff kitchen / break rooms and great coffee.
Please email your CV and a Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org